Could you be called an overachiever?
The University of Johannesburg’s Top Achievers Orange Carpet Rewards Programme is all about rewarding excellence and embracing accomplishment. So, if you are a Grade 12 learner and thrive on achieving the best, you are just the diamond we are looking for and you will be rewarded handsomely!
- Orange Carpet candidates qualify for conditional admission status, in other words, a guaranteed place at UJ, provided that the Grade11 results are maintained in Grade 12.
- A guaranteed merit bursary according to your final Grade 12 results and the table below.
- The academic registration fee is waived, which will then allow you to register.
- You will receive a R2 000 voucher, which can be used to purchase textbooks, stationary or a tablet from one of UJ’s main suppliers.
- Guaranteed UJ residence accommodation, provided that you apply before 30 June 2020. If you apply after June, you will be placed on a waiting list.
- The residence application deposit is waived. However, a minimum residence registration fee is payable.
- You are eligible for a sport bursary if you have achieved at provincial or a higher level.
- and many more on-campus benefits like career counselling, invitations to exclusive events, library privileges and tickets to UJ sporting events like the Varsity Cup.
NOTE: The Orange Carpet Programme does not cover UJ residence fees. The rewards also do not extend to any form of accommodation or the costs associated with travelling to and from UJ. Furthermore, daily living expenses are not covered. Thus, the rewards extend only to tuition fees and other non-financial benefits.
- If you achieve a minimum of 70% in your six best subjects (excluding LO) with a total APS of at least 37 with your final Grade 11 results, you will be considered to be a potential Orange Carpet student. As such, you will be admitted to the programme of your choice, provided that you retain or improve your academic performance in Grade 12.
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in your six best subjects (excluding LO) with a total APS of at least 37 with your final Grade 12 results.
- Meet the specific subject requirements for the programme you are interested in.
- Only first-time undergraduate students who have never studied at any other tertiary institution qualify for the Orange Carpet benefits.
- Make sure you apply on time
- The deadline is 30 September 2020 at 12:00.
*The APS is calculated on the six best Grade 12 subjects obtained, excluding Life Orientation.
Complete the UJ application form – remember to fill out the results section truthfully and correctly. Then contact our Student Marketing section directly to fast-track your application. You will be guided through this process by your own UJ Student Marketer and you can also contact them for more information, should you need it. Call them on 011 559 6680.
Make sure you are an Orange Carpet Candidate. The quicker you get your application in, the better.
Applications for this campaign close on 30 September 2020 at 12H00. Thereafter the standard application and bursary procedure will be followed.
Keep in mind that depending on your AP score, your Orange Carpet merit bursary may not cover your full first-year tuition fees so please find out if you need to apply for any other funding and NSFAS on time during your Grade 12 year.
Note that further Terms and Conditions do apply to the Orange Carpet Rewards Programme and can be asked for by emailing [email protected].
|APS (Admission Point Score)||Bursary value of tuition fees|
|Higher than 42||100% + R5 485|
|APS (Admission Point Score)||NSC (National Senior Certificate)||APS (Admission Point Score)||NSC (National Senior Certificate)|
|7||7 (80-100%)||2||2 (30-39%)|
|6||6 (70-79%)||1||1 (0-29%)|